Saturday, April 25, 2020

Elisabeth Hasselbeck Slams Meghan McCain’s ‘Aggressive’ Critique Of Her Controversial Coronavirus Comments

We were pleasantly surprised to hear Meghan McCain share her unfiltered (and this time, valid) opinion about former The View co-host Elisabeth Hasselback on Watch What Happens Live this week.

The 35-year-old said she did NOT like working with Hasselbeck, nor was she a fan of her dangerous comments about the coronavirus — ICYMI, the conservative claimed she’s using prayer and Purell to combat COVID-19.

As is the case with most daytime TV feuds, Elisabeth had some choice words for Meg and a lot to say in her own defense!

Video: Dr. Drew Apologizes After Clips Of His Coronavirus Takes Go Viral

Taking to her Instagram account on Friday, the 42-year-old shared a video where she said McCain misunderstood her statements and clarified how seriously she’s taking the global health crisis:

“Golly. Getting kids to bed and apparently @meghanmccain is tossing out some anger my way. Meghan- i am going to call you and handle this in the best socially distanced direct manner possible – but hey girl – We are all just doing our best, and I don’t know why you are taking an opportunity to be so aggressive toward me during such a stressful time.”

From there, she expressed sadness over the dispute, claiming she always liked Meghan and has been “a vocal defender of your family.” Elisabeth said “did not see this one coming” and suggested the two “should not be judging one another we should be in this together.”

But after that, the gloves came OFF!

Hasselbeck clapped back at John McCain‘s daughter for allegedly misquoting her during that interview with Andy Cohen:

“Get your quotes right. I never said I had the power to pray COVID away. The day at The View I came to visit y’all because our hometown had been slammed with a tornado and lives were lost and a school needed help and I was trying to get word out. NYC was not even in social distancing yet. It was March 11th – it was before anyone was even quarantining – It was the last day the show was in studio, and your major was still encouraging visitors to Chinatown and still working out in gyms!”

Essentially repeating herself, she added:

“My quote was that I am going to pray and Purell.”

And then Hasselbeck went on to basically call Meg a mean girl! She wrote:

“PRAYER will ALWAYS be my FIRST RESPONSE AND MY BEST DEFENSE ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’• We have had a family member hospitalized and I have asthma. This is all hard and stressful enough- turn off the meanness as The world needs more togetherness and kindness. I’m praying today that you can lay off throwing the social darts at me. I am not sure why you decided to do this. I’m a momma on my knees in prayer like many others – let’s get back in the same side and be #inthistogether ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•”

WATCH Elisabeth say it all in her own words (below):

View this post on Instagram

Golly. Getting kids to bed and apparently @meghanmccain is tossing out some anger my way . Meghan- i am going to call you and handle this in the best socially distanced direct manner possible – but hey girl – We are all just doing our best, and I don’t know why you are taking an opportunity to be so aggressive toward me during such a stressful time. #1- I have always liked you and been a vocal defender of your family. I sure did not see this one coming. #2- we are all just trying to do our best, we should not be judging one another we should be in this together #3- get your quotes right. I never said I had the power to pray covid away. The day at the view I came to visit y’all because our hometown had been slammed with a tornado and lives were lost and a school needed help and I was trying to get word out. Nyc was not even in social distancing yet. It was March 11th- it was before anyone was even quarantining – It was the last day the show was in studio, and your major was still encouraging visitors to Chinatown and still working out in gyms! #4 my quote was that I am going to pray and purell. #5 PRAYER will ALWAYS be my FIRST RESPONSE AND MY BEST DEFENSE ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’• We have had a family member hospitalized and I have asthma. This is all hard and stressful enough- turn off the meanness as The world needs more togetherness and kindness. I’m praying today that you can lay off throwing the social darts at me. I am not sure why you decided to do this. I’m a momma on my knees in prayer like many others – let’s get back in the same side and be #inthistogether ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•

A post shared by Elisabeth Hasselbeck (@elisabethhasselbeck) on

We can’t say this rebuttal really helped her case, as she’s still standing by the idea that hand sanitizer is among her top two methods for fighting the novel coronavirus. While it is an important resource, we can’t stress enough how dangerous is it when public figures — instead of trusted medical professionals and organizations we should be listening to — decide to rattle off this kind of advice to people. Especially the millions of viewers who tune into their show!

Related: Donald Trump Suggests Treating Coronavirus By Injecting Patients With Lysol…

For those who missed it Elisabeth’s TV appearance in early April, she previously stated:

“There can be a fine line between what is taking precaution and what is panic. Yes, we’re going to take precautions, we’re going to Purell, pray that God’s got us in our tomorrows, right? We pray that this coronavirus is extinguished, that it’s stopped in its tracks. I think we should prepare. I think we should pray.”

Do U think she actually called Meg to clear this up woman-to-woman like she claimed, Perezcious readers? Or did the buck stop at her own “aggressive” social media reply? Let us know your thoughts on all this in the comments (below)!

[Image via The View/Watch What Happens Live/YouTube.]

The post Elisabeth Hasselbeck Slams Meghan McCain’s ‘Aggressive’ Critique Of Her Controversial Coronavirus Comments appeared first on Perez Hilton.



from Perez Hilton https://ift.tt/3ePRrUb

No comments:

Post a Comment