Monday, July 10, 2023

Madonna Shares Health Update Following Hospitalization: "I'm on the Road to Recovery"

Madonna is thanking fans for their support following her recent health scare. The star shared an update on Instagram on July 10, ensuring fans that she's healing in the wake of a hospitalization in late June. "Thank you for your positive energy, prayers and words of healing and encouragement," the 64-year-old icon wrote. "I have felt your love. I'm on the road to recovery and incredibly grateful for all the blessings in my life." She also confirmed that her Celebration Tour, which was scheduled to begin on July 15 in Vancouver, has been postponed, but noted that she hopes to resume touring in October.

"I did not want to disappoint anyone who bought tickets for my tour," wrote the mother of six. "I also didn't want to let down the people who worked tirelessly with me over the last few months to create my show. I hate to disappoint anyone. My focus now is my health and getting stronger and I assure you, I'll be back with you as soon as I can!"

On June 28, Madonna's manager announced via social media that the star had been hospitalized on June 24. "Madonna developed a serious bacterial infection which [led] to a several day stay in the ICU," wrote Guy Oseary. "Her health is improving, however she is still under medical care. A full recovery is expected. At this time we will need to pause all commitments, which includes the tour. We will share more details with you soon as we have them, including a new start date for the tour and for rescheduled shows."

Fortunately, on June 29, Rolling Stone reported that Madonna was safely home. A source told the outlet that Madonna was "at home and feeling better." The report arrived after Madonna's close friend Debi Mazar wrote on Instagram, "Madonna is on the mend & home resting."

In recent months, Madonna has been outspoken about aging in the public eye - especially following commentary on her appearance at the 2023 Grammys in February. "Once again I am caught in the glare of ageism and misogyny That permeates the world we live in. A world that refuses to celebrate women past the age of 45 And feels the need to punish her If she continues to be strong willed, hard-working and adventurous," she wrote on Instagram at the time.

She told her followers, "I have never apologized for any of the creative choices I have made nor the way that I look or dress and I'm not going to start. I have been degraded by the media since the beginning of my career but I understand that this is all a test and I am happy to do the trailblazing so that all the women behind me can have an easier time in the years to come."



from POPSUGAR Celebrity https://ift.tt/Yey4ouI

No comments:

Post a Comment