Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Anne Hathaway Opens Up About Her Past 'Bitch' Ways: 'I Have A History With Rage'

Anne Hathaway isn't always nice and friendly...

In Glamour's June/July issue, the Ocean's 8 cover star opens up about her "history with rage" and past "bitch" ways.

Related: Anne Hathaway Proactively Claps Back At FUTURE Body Shamers!

The 35-year-old told the publication:

"I have a history with rage... I used to do this thing where I was like, 'I'm nice 29 days out of 30, and then I give myself complete permission to be a bitch to anyone, about anything.' I realized that if I could actually move away from the judgment and deal with my emotions in the moment, I didn't actually need the extra day. Rage doesn't lead you to a place of peace. And for me the goal is not happiness. The goal is peace."'

Nowadays, the thespian -- who famously received hate after winning a 2013 Oscar for her role in Les Miserables -- is all about "living a very honest life." She added:

"I don't know if that makes me a boring person. I don't really care if it does... It would be easier if I was better at being misleading or sneaky. I know how all that stuff works. I'm not a naive idiot. I know if I was a little bit mean to everybody, people would be like, 'Oh, she's fun. I like her. Come have a drink.' And I'm just like, 'Can we have a drink and not try to tear each other apart?'"

Miz Hathaway also revealed she has endured "really, really bad experiences" on-set, some of which were "of a sexual nature."

"I've had a 20-year career and I've had some really, really bad experiences, but I've had a lot of great ones too -- with members of both genders... While they do not begin to approach the atrocious, galling stories others have shared in recent months, I have had negative on-set experiences, some of a sexual nature. Some are from the beginning of my career, some are more recent -- all are unacceptable."

However, Anne is committed to being "a part of a movement for change" and "to protect others from going through the worst of what [she has] experienced."

"Being a 35-year-old cisgendered woman who has experienced the everyday, abusive imbalance of the world also made me want to be a part of a movement for change… I know the world can be far worse for others than it has been to me, but I suppose, like most everyone who has been hurt, I want to protect others from going through the worst of what I experienced... I want to help make what I consider the best of my experiences to be the norm, as it always should have been."

Read her full interview HERE!

See pics (below):

A post shared by Glamour (@glamourmag) on May 29, 2018 at 5:01am PDT

[Image via Joseph Marzullo/WENN.]



from PerezHilton https://ift.tt/2H2VZnP

No comments:

Post a Comment