Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Florence Pugh Teases a Music Album Could Be on the Way: "I Just Need to Give It a Go"

Florence Pugh has been making a name for herself in blockbuster films such as "Don't Worry Darling" and "Midsommar," but she has now revealed she has her sights set on the music industry too. Speaking on BBC Radio 4's "This Cultural Life" on Oct. 29, Pugh opened up about her desire to release a music album.

"I would have put money on being a singer songwriter way before being an actor," she told John Wilson. "To me, being an actor was so far away. I knew I could do it, but I didn't know how to get there, whereas me with my guitar being recorded and going on YouTube, performing on stage and doing gigs was way more accessible." Pugh had been uploading videos on YouTube as a teen under the pseudonym Flossie Rose. Producers even offered to work with her at that young age, but she turned them down in favor of school.

That's not to say she put her beloved guitar away forever. Pugh has returned to music in her upcoming film, "A Good Person," in which she worked with her ex-boyfriend Zach Braff, and has even wrote a few songs for the movie. She has since stayed in contact with the producers and, when asked if we could expect an album from her, she responded, "Yes, I think so."

"I do miss performing. I've lost confidence in it because I haven't been doing it and I know that if I don't do it, the lack of confidence is only going to get worse. I just need to give it a go."

However, she wants to get a little more experience under her belt to channel the belief she had as a teen. "I do miss it, I do miss performing. I've lost confidence in it because I haven't been doing it and I know that if I don't do it, the lack of confidence is only going to get worse. I just need to give it a go." But what musical direction can we expect of the "The Wonder" star? Laid-back, acoustic, soulful songs seems to be Pugh's vibe if her teenage videos are anything to go by. One thing is for sure, Pugh is supremely talented.

The actor, who has also been nailing the fashion industry with her array of showstopping outfits, also detailed how she handles fame in the interview. While her breakout role was in "Little Women," for which she was nominated for an Oscar, it is perhaps "Don't Worry Darling" that has seen her name reach a new level of recognition among the world of social media.

Rumors of an alleged rift between her and Olivia Wilde took off as fans were quick to comment on the pair's every move. "It doesn't affect my acting, but you're still the person in between takes and it would be mad for me to say that stuff doesn't affect me, of course it does," she said. "If you know that thousands of people are talking about this one thing, just because it's not true or just because you don't agree with it, does not make it feel better." Instead, she chooses to take advice given to her by Braff, who she was in a relationship with for three years. "You just can't engage, you can't look."

As Pugh's star continues to shine, both with her style and her acting, we have no doubt she would be just as successful if (or should we say, when) she adds singing and songwriting to her repertoire. Can we dare to dream of a reunion between Pugh and Styles via a music collab? Maybe it's a little too soon for that . . . Have a listen of Pugh's song below.



from POPSUGAR Celebrity https://ift.tt/lXEe0MI

No comments:

Post a Comment