Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Vanderpump Rules Star James Kennedy Announces He Is ‘Nine Months Sober’

James Kennedy is about to hit a major milestone!

While appearing on Tuesday’s episode of Watch What Happens Live, the Vanderpump Rules star gave an update on his sobriety, as well as his relationship with co-star Raquel Leviss.

Related: Ariana Madix Reveals She’s Bisexual After Jax Taylor Shames Her

After watching a clip which showed the pair arguing about Kennedy’s drinking, James eloquently explained how things have changed since then:

“I think because of all the drinking I was doing and stuff, I was really hiding away from my true emotions. And just blaming whatever I wanted to get out the easy way, do you know what I mean?”

Andy Cohen asked:

“Can you tell us now the changes that that spurred on?”

To cheers from the audience, James responded:

“I’m going on to nine months sober. I haven’t had a drink in nearly nine months.”

That’s awesome!!

A lot has changed for the 27-year-old, who says he’s been attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings and working on his relationship:

“I have gone to AA meetings and stuff since then. I’ve really taken hold of my life and trying to change it for the better and change our relationship for the better.”

Andy praised the reality star:

“That’s amazing, first of all and congratulations.”

Ch-ch-check out more from Kennedy (below):

He’s not the only star of the Bravo series who has recently opened up about their struggles with alcohol. In early February, Lala Kent shared on Instagram:

“What my sobriety looks like: I hit a breaking point where I had to identify as an alcoholic or I was going to lose everything. The second that I admitted I was powerless over alcohol I knew it was time to put in the work. I started reading the Big Book, going to meetings and working very hard to never go back to that drunken version of myself. After 30 days, I knew I wanted to feel sober forever, and it was entirely up to me — and no one else. That was very empowering.”

She added:

“Today, after a year and 4 months of sobriety, and the way I feel about my life, some say I’m on the “pink cloud.” And maybe I am. What there is no “maybe” about is that I know I’m human. I know I love to drink… a lot. I know I’m a hard worker, and I know that my life is entirely up to me. However, if I decided to pick up a drink, it would be the determining factor of how my life would be. So on those days of weakness, I put in more work, and I stay my a** at home; knowing tomorrow might be a struggle as well, but I’ll have the same goal, and I will do anything in my power to stay sober — including reaching out to someone to help me carry the load. You know who you are. #OneDayAtATime”

We applaud James (and Lala) for being so open!! It’s not always easy to talk about something like this.

[Image via Adriana M. Barraza/WENN.]

The post <i>Vanderpump Rules</i> Star James Kennedy Announces He Is ‘Nine Months Sober’ appeared first on Perez Hilton.



from Perez Hilton https://ift.tt/2TrKCzD

No comments:

Post a Comment