Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Did K-Pop Star Sunmi Just Come Out??

K-pop star Sunmi is causing quite the stir on social media!

On Tuesday, June 4 in Amsterdam, Netherlands, the 27-year-old singer — as part of her Warning World Tour — pleasantly surprised fans with a personal message.

Related: K-Pop Star Jung Joon-Young Arrested!

The former Wonder Girls band member told the crowd:

“I have many different sides of me… like dorky and LGBT.”

She continued:

“There are sides of me that I know very well, like, just like I just said… And sometimes there are times when I don’t know myself.”

As seen here on Twitter:

After the video went viral, fans were not sure if the South Korean beauty was showing support for the LGBT community… OR if she was coming out as a member!

Internet users wrote:

“SUNMI CAME OUT OHMYGOD yet another Win for the gays… happy pride month indeed <3”

“WAIT did sunmi come out??? what did i miss?????”

“sunmi when she opened twitter and saw everyone saying that she came out”

“Im so proud of sunmi :(( like ive been watching more of her content and stuff lately she seems so sweet and im so proud of her for having the courage to come out in front of so many ppl”

“SUNMI CAME OUTSKAKSJHSJSJSKJDJSJKSKDJJSJDHDHHDBDNNSKUSHHSHSHSJDJDJDJWJANDBSKAKQJSHHDHDJDJD JIKOOL NEXT Y’ALL I’M TELLING YOU”

However, that same day, the musician went on social media to clarify her statement. She wrote:

“Haha I was saying ‘I have so many different sides of me like dorky and LGBT queen…’ Yeah, I support LGBT but don’t get me wrong guys'”

So, it appears the vocalist did NOT come out as gay.

While some fans were disappointed, others still appreciated Sunmi’s support for the queer community.

They wrote:

“straight or not, the fact that sunmi loves and respects us gays is still a win for us”

“I love sunmi but I wish she didn’t say it like that ummfndk I’m actually kinda sad even if it was a misunderstanding”

“Sunmi really said gay rights and im glad to know she got my back”

“anyway sunmi doesn’t hate me for being gay, hello let’s celebrate that!111!!!!”

“so some people staned sunmi and then unstand her when they found out she wasnt gay”

“damn so sunmi aint part of the lgbt- we : clowns”

“anyways… YALL CAN CONTINUE TO STAN SUNMI BC SHE IS A QUEEN AND DESERVES ALL THE LOVE”

“the kpop community has been clowned so many times today from the anpanman mv, staying up, and sunmi coming out,, y’all we’re such professional clowns”

Case closed!

[Image via Sunmi/Instagram.]

The post Did K-Pop Star Sunmi Just Come Out?? appeared first on Perez Hilton.



from Perez Hilton http://bit.ly/2XtM7ga

No comments:

Post a Comment